An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday Family Night

Using our formula of faith, food, and fun here was this week's family night:

faith: read about St. John Bosco (even though his feast day was January 31st, we were busy last weekend and had to wait until today)

God of mercy, You called St. John Bosco to be a father and teacher of the young. Grant that, inspired by his ardent charity, we may serve you alone and never tire of bringing others to your kingdom.

food: pizza (he was from Italy) and ice-cream (in honor of his work with boys)

fun: since St. John Bosco entertained children with juggling and other carnival acts, we put on a puppet show. We selected a parable and divided into teams to act it out (my husband and I did the Feeding of the Five Thousand; the two older boys did The Good Samaritan)

The Feeding of the Five Thousand
(my husband drew Jesus and the disciples . . . the boys couldn't stop laughing.)


The Good Samaritan
(guess which character was robbed and beaten?)


The Parable of the Four-Year-Old
(we're not sure what parable this is, but he did say "Jesus" a lot)

5 comments:

GrandmaK said...

Wonderful!!!! This must have been grand! Well done! Cathy

Kim H. said...

Bia~

That's just AWESOME!

Love the bad guy in the mask....

And I love the parable of the twin popsicle sticks....so tootie cute!

Tiziana said...

Penso che la parabola sia andata dritta dritta a rallegrare gli angioletti. Hai una famiglia meravigliosa.

Lisa said...

I'd give anything to have been a fly on the wall. &:o) Love that poor victim ~ x-ed eyes and everything... So much fun! These are the things they remember.

E said...

I love this sweet ritual. When you told us about it before I told every young mom I knew and sent them over to your blog. I wish my kids were little again so I could incorporate this into our history.
This will get shared with those fiuture grandkids....lovely Bia.