Whittling down my New Year's Resolutions to one word has been something I've been doing for several years. My very first word (in 2009) was embrace and I selected it as a way to remind me to be fully present in the moment. To this day, that word is not only one of my all-time favorites, but it's become a personal, daily goal.
This year, while pondering my choices, I came across the MyIntent Project in which you can order a simple bracelet or necklace with your intention word engraved on a gold or silver token. The concept is very du jour, and after browsing their web site I decided to order one for myself.
It was very easy: I selected my style (bracelet), cord color (black), and token color (brass). When I typed in my word choice I was also asked to share my story about the word. And so I did ...
"I choose PRONTO because this year it's all about now. Not tomorrow, not next week, not next month. it's about doing today everything I've put off for tomorrow; it's about living with intention now. Pronto ... without delay, I am ready."
The whole thing cost $20.60 (including shipping) and arrived in a linen drawstring bag with the bracelet and a card with my story. The bracelet is simple, but it's perfect for layering with other pieces of jewelry and it's nice to have a visual reminder to stay the course.
So, what's your word?


No comments:
Post a Comment