Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Life Lately: It's all about the hashtags (and the wisdom teeth)

~1~ The Spring Break that Wasn't


Jonathan's spring break started last Friday, except it only lasted through Monday. This semester, in addition to carrying a full course load, Jonathan also has an accounting internship which meant he had to return to school to work the rest of the week. #taxseason The good news? Last Friday this very same accounting firm invited him to stay through the summer ... so HOORAY to an extended internship leading right into a summer job!

sneaky mom photo
#alwayswalkbehind


~2~ To alphabetize or not?

The spice drawer that is. #alphabetize




~3~ Something I never imagined happening


Getting the following text from my son while I was at Publix: "Mom, actually if you want to get me some hard cider that'd be great. It's the one called hard pressed, in a silver box." #twenty-one
And he even included a photo ...



~4~ Have luggage, will travel

Nicholas called to tell us that he is planning a trip to Europe to meet up with a high school buddy. Do you think he'd let me go with him? #justkiddingnotkidding #okaykidding


packed and ready to go ... ;-)


~5~ Easiest birthday party EVER

How easy is it to host a birthday party for a boy? Street basketball, backyard football, indoor gaming, and a cookout. Didn't have to do a thing but feed them. And the bambino-who-isn't-a-bambino-anymore FINALLY got his wish ... an Xbox One S. #fortnite #wheredidmybambinogo




~6~ Easiest birthday cake EVER

A St. Patrick's Day shamrock cake from Costco. But HOLY MOLY would you look at the label. TWO POUNDS OF CHOCOLATE MOUSSE???? #sugaroverdose



~7~ Why did God give us wisdom teeth?

Especially when they have to come out. Jonathan and Timothy need to have wisdom teeth extracted this summer. Yes, BOTH of them. (#ouch ... and that's ouch in our wallet and not in their gums.) When Nicholas had his wisdom teeth removed Nonna and Nonno made him this get well card. Jonathan and Timothy remember it well. #winkwink #hinthint


2 comments:

Beth (A Moms Life) said...

Costco cakes are delicious and 2 pounds of mousse? Yes, please!!! And I love that card. What a great idea!

Gigi said...

Congrats to Jonathan on his summer job!

I'm with about tagging along on your son's trip - my son is headed to NYC by himself for a few days over Spring Break and not only am I a wee bit envious but nervous at the thought of him being there alone. I haven't suggested I tag along...yet!