Not one post did I write, and the reason is simple: Masters Spring Cleaning. If you are not local and don't know what this means, visit my blog sidebar and click on the link for an article I wrote entitled The Women of Augusta can Arrange it All. Take a moment to read it ...
There. Now you understand. Spreading 40 bales of pine straw, cleaning out closets, wiping baseboards, and maintaining a personal relationship with Mr. Clean and his magic erasers have all taken over blogging. Oh, and let's add to all this a family room makeover AND a yard sale this past Saturday.
But stay tuned because this week I do have some posts scheduled ... including the reveal of our family room. (On a side note: while I neglected my poor little blog, I did throw out a few posts on Facebook and you can always visit me there!)
In the meantime, in the midst of inhaling pollen while spreading the aforementioned 40 bales of pine straw and trying to decide on this rug or that one, I did have some moments -- teeny tiny ones to be sure, but moments nonetheless -- in which an inspirational nugget worked its way into my conscious. I especially appreciated Helen Keller's quote in light of, and I mention this again, those 40 bales of pine straw.
Happy Sunday, everyone!
~1~
"To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug."
(Helen Keller)
~2~
"There is more value in a little study of humility and in a single act of it than in all the knowledge in the world."
(St. Teresa of Avila)
~3~
"The Lord measures our perfection neither by the multitude nor the magnitude of our deeds, but by the manner in which we perform them."
(St. John of the Cross)
~4~
"My father used to say that stories are part of the most precious heritage of mankind."
(In Arabian Nights, Tahir Shah)
Many years ago Nana planted daffodils in our back yard.
And every spring they bloom.
3 comments:
Just reading your post has made me tired!! You are a marvel! Have a grand week!
It sounds like what happens around here when Furniture Market comes to town! We haven't rented our house out for it but know others that do. But if we did, I'd be doing exactly what you've been doing. I cannot stand the thought of people being in my home and it not being just so.
Sounds like you have been busy!! Can't wait to see the family room reveal!
Post a Comment