~1~ Easter Sunday Mass in Palm Coast, Florida
Due to Masters Week and Easter coinciding, we had to be out of our home Easter Sunday. I wasn't happy about this, and I certainly wasn't happy about having to rush Easter Mass in our efforts to leave our house in pristine condition, pack, and get on the road for Orlando. So to avoid all that craziness, we made the executive decision to leave town Saturday, spend the night in Palm Coast, and enjoy Easter Sunday morning there before heading to Orlando.
Best. Decision. Ever.
Mass at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic Church was moving, in large part due to the magnificent choir, and it was the perfect start for our drive later that morning.
~2~ Golf
Our vacation had real golf (the kind Joe plays) and Masters golf (the professional kind), but mostly it was about mini golf. Of course, whenever we play EVERYONE expects Mom to lose, and EVERY TIME I surprise everyone with my golfing abilities ... most especially Timothy who just get can't past the idea that his mom beats him. Sorry dude. And when we played Disney's Fairway Course (which is serious and does not contain spitting snowmen or spinning wheels) I actually tied with Joe.
~3~ The Lego Store
A visit to Disney World means a visit to the Lego Store. Boy Heaven. Timothy was given the green light to pick out one set, but only after revising his expectations down the price scale.
In other words, he wanted the $799.99 Millenium Falcon (that is the actual price) but settled for the more modest Racing Yacht ($39).
~4~ The Magic Kingdom
Because it was spring break, we knew it was going to be hot and crowded. And guess what? It was hot and crowded. But using the Disney App not only were we able to secure Fast Passes ahead of time, but we could also keep an eye on wait times, both which helped us have a really nice day. We did everything we wanted to (except the new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train because we were NOT waiting in line for 2+ hours). We also found a great viewing spot for the nighttime fireworks: the upper level of the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House.
~5~ Sit Down Meals
A long time ago Joe and I decided that when we are spend a day in a Disney park, we will make reservations for one sit down meal. We usually schedule a late lunch (1:30-2:30) which is just when we are all ready for a break. It's so nice to sit down for an hour, cool off, have unlimited drinks, and eat a delicious meal. At the Magic Kingdom we ate at the Liberty Town Tavern (a favorite with us) and at Hollywood Studios it was The Brown Derby (which was exquisite).
~6~ Hollywood Studios
This is our favorite park. The crowds are less, the wait times aren't ridiculous, and there are so many lovely shows to see. Our favorite (besides the new Frozen show which even Joe liked) was the Stormtroopers' March of the Hours. Coolest. Thing. Ever. And very, very dramatic, especially when the line marched forward and stood six inches away from us. Seriously. We were nose-to-nose with a Stormtrooper! Timothy and I couldn't stop giggling.
This is not zoomed.
He was THIS close.
~7~ Rocker Hair
So, we've been to Hollywood Studios many times, and every single time I take the yellow door when it comes to Aerosmith's Rockin' Roller Coaster. Thank-you-but-no-thank-you. But when we visited my dear sweet sister-in-law she said I should go on it (thanks for having my back, Mary! ;-) and so when we were at the park Joe showed me he had THREE fast passes for Rockin' Roller Coaster for later that evening ... one for him, one for Timo, and one especially for me because "Mary said I should".
And so I did. Then we went on Hollywood's Tower of Terror.
No time to be wimpy.
After Rockin' Roller Coaster I had Steven Tyler hair
~8~ The Nike Outlet Store
Whether it's the Nike store in Myrtle Beach, Orlando or Hilton Head, when we're on vacation we always stock up on sneakers for the year -- not because prices are particularly better than the mall(although you can catch some great sales), but because of the selection. This time was no different. Nike sneakers for all.
Right photo shows how long we've been shopping
at the Nike Outlets.
~9~ The Five Photos Rule
A few years ago I instituted the 5 Photos Rule whereby on vacation I am allowed to take up to FIVE photos of everyone per day with NO complaining, pouting, or being grumpy. Only five photos. And then I leave them alone.
This little rule works like a charm. Really. You should try it. That's how I got all these ...
#geniusmom
All these photos and NO complaining!
~10~ The Little Things
A smile, a special meal, a wrong turn, a stupid joke which had us laughing hysterically. When we're on vacation there are so many little things which turn into big things in our hearts. Memories. They come in all shapes and sizes ...
It's a Small World ... always a classic.
Love me some Pooh Bear.
When you turn the corner and ... yikes!
Who needs shoes at Blizzard Beach?
If you ask for ketchup at the Whispering Canyon Café ...
they bring you all these.
Yahtzee ... almost every night.
There is no "may" about it ...
you WILL get wet.






2 comments:
Looks like you had a fabulous time. Why did they bring you so much ketchup? And more importantly...why did they bring it to you upside down?!
I certainly enjoyed your vacation! It was certainly well planned! Have a grand weekend!
Post a Comment