Monday, August 6, 2018

The Fine Art of Potty Words

Last night during our second walk, Timothy and I were talking about high school. We discussed homework, organization, school sports, bullies, and how to find someone to sit with during lunch on the first day of school.


"Let's stop talking about school," he said abruptly. "Let's talk about rainbows, unicorns, and fluffy bunny rabbits."


Oh, he gave me a good laugh. Just like when he was seven years old and taught me the fine art of potty words ...


"Mom, how do you spell Mississippi?" asked Timothy, as we are driving to school.

"Let's see, M-i-s-s-i-p-p ..." I began, only to be interrupted.

"Ha! Ha! You said a potty word. Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!" laughed Timothy. And he laughed and laughed and laughed.

Apparently I was set up.


And so it continued until we arrived to school. As he got out of the car I thought, "Oh, those poor teachers."


When I got home, I headed straight for my espresso machine.

"How do you spell cappuccino?" I asked myself, as I scooped coffee grounds and steamed the milk.

"Let's see, c-a-p-p ..."


and I laughed and laughed.


a cappuccino in positano, italy

1 comment:

Gigi said...

Your Timothy is slicker than mine was...his first similar joke set me up with some random comment that had me respond with "Under where?" How he howled! thanks for the memory!