Wednesday, November 7, 2018

"And Kindle in Them the Fire of Your love"

I am so grateful for the milestones of our faith which gives us opportunities to gather, celebrate, and worship. As parents, I'm so grateful for the Sacraments of Initiation--Baptism, First Holy Communion, Confirmation--which are vehicles of grace to help our children walk and grow in the faith. I am so grateful for a loving God who teaches that true freedom is not doing what one wants, but doing the right thing. And I am thankful for family, for those who sent well wishes and for Uncle Bill who flew here to be Timothy's sponsor. 



Dear Timothy,

For your Confirmation, we wanted to give you seven books representing the Seven Gifts of the Holy Spirit. As you read these books, we pray that the Holy Spirit will reveal his gifts so they will help you grow in your faith.


Be a gracious receiver of these gifts! St. Teresa of Avila said, “Christ has no body now on earth but yours, no hands but yours, no feet but yours; yours are the eyes through which Christ’s compassion is to look out to the earth; yours are the feet by which He is to go about doing good; and yours are the hands by which He is to bless us now.”

Timothy, allow the Holy Spirit to guide you and watch in amazement as God works through you, with you, and in you.



Love,
Mom & Dad


1 comment:

Gigi said...

Congratulations! What an important milestone. From what I can see, it's a beautiful church.