The problem with that little vision? I am not a very good
artist.
Let me amend that: The problem is that I am not an artist.
Period.
But wait … my sister is! She draws, paints, and is perfect
in every way except she doesn’t know how to cough properly (inside joke) and
that she not once but TWICE used the Men’s Room in Italy (true story).
AND best of all she would do the sketches for free because
she is my sister and she loves me very much (both assumptions on my part).
So, using the assumptions above I called her with my idea,
gave her the chapter titles, told her how many sketches I needed, and hung up before
she could say no.
Just kidding. She was wholeheartedly on board, and for a
month she would text me sketches for approval. One day a packet arrived in the mail with SEVENTEEN sketches. My heart was full.
She did a great job, yes?






No comments:
Post a Comment