I've been here, just not here ... on the blog.
But allow me catch you up with what's been happening lately ...
~1~ Italy News
I haven't shared any news lately about the 2019 Girls' Trip to Italy, but that's only because we are full. We have 32 booked on the tour, we are working on plane tickets, and the trip is quickly becoming a reality. We have travelers from Georgia, South Carolina, New York City, Chicago, Arizona, and Florida.
~2~ Book News
I did a book talk at the Italian-American Club last month, and yesterday I found out that the Morris Museum of Art will sell my book in the museum gift shop. Also ... book reviews are the best and last week I received the nicest note. (The note is in Italian, but I promise you ... it is unbelievably nice.)
~3~ Where does he put all that food?
Our little guy is on the high school JV soccer team and he eats ALL. THE. TIME. Yesterday I picked him up from practice and here is a list of everything he ate from the time he walked in the door at 4:45 p.m. until bedtime:
one huge bowl of leftover pasta
one pack of peanut butter crackers
yogurt
two grilled chicken breasts
two helpings of couscous
one helping of corn
two popsicles
one pack of peanut butter crackers
And here's a question: can I still call him our little guy even though he's a freshman in high school AND is taller than me?
~4~ Weekend Travel
On Friday I'm flying to Little Rock, Arkansas to spend a few days with Nicholas. I fly back Tuesday, which just happens to be my birthday. But it got me wondering: if I mention to the nice Delta gate agents that it's my birthday will they upgrade me to first class?
~5~ Grocery Lists
Who knew grocery lists could be elevated to works of art? I clearly need to work on this. Taking notes from Leonardo da Vinci ...





No comments:
Post a Comment