So he came home to freshly laundered sheets, fluffy pillows, chicken & dumplings, homemade cookies, and a mom's tender loving care.
He left Sunday afternoon feeling much, much better.
We will see him again in three weeks at graduation, after which he will come home for two weeks before heading to a 9-week internship at an accounting firm in downtown Atlanta. In the fall, he will continue his studies an additional year for a master's degree. And because he was awarded a scholarship/grant from the University, that additional year is paid for.
I thought about all this as I ironed his graduation gown this past weekend. For someone who is quiet, and who doesn't like to talk about himself, his actions speak volumes.
I think we'll keep him.
I also thought how time passes in the blink of an eye; how my Jona-baby, because of his round glasses and dark hair was our very own Harry Potter and whose heart has always beat to the rhythm of a basketball, is now all grown up.
But just when I was about to get all sentimental, I remembered how he came home for freshly laundered sheets, fluffy pillows, chicken & dumplings, homemade cookies, and a mom's tender loving care.
And the thought makes me smile.

2 comments:
That is sweet. They never really outgrow us. My oldest son plays water polo at college. He got a concussion during scrimmage and Southwest agreed to fly him home a day earlier and waive the extra cost of the different flight. he started to 'work it' a bit while home over Easter, willing to work out for hours at the gym but struggled to lift a finger at home. Bright lights, etc. I decided if he could work out for hours, then he was pretty much feeling better. Sigh.
Hi Ernie! Sometime kids (big and little) need that R&R that comes with being home! Now that two of our three sons are off on their own, I like it that they see home as a place to come to recover, recharge, and come back to center. <3
Post a Comment