Friday, April 5, 2019

Front Porch Makeover

When we had our house built 21 years ago, there was one request: I wanted a front porch. And I got it. Every year for 21 years we've decorated our porch with hanging ferns, yellow pansies in flower boxes, and seasonal wreaths.

We love our front porch, but after 21 years the upkeep on the railings ... sigh. There were a LOT of railings, and between the pressure washing and the painting it got old; additionally, the railings were so high that the view was blocked if you sat in a rocker.

So last month we made the decision to get rid of the railings. 

Off they came.

Then we purchased two Adirondack chairs, added some outdoor cushions, hung the obligatory ferns, and updated our front door wreath. 

Fresh. Open. Welcoming.

And we don't miss those railings at all. 

BEFORE



OFF WITH THE RAILINGS!



AFTER







1 comment:

Gigi said...

I think you made the right choice - I like it better without the railings. And seriously, what is the point of having a front porch if the railings block your view when seated?