Tuesday, June 11, 2019

He Came Bearing Gifts

Last week our eldest son returned from a two week trip to Japan. A wonderful merging of schedules brought our older sons to Atlanta at the same time, so my husband and I (along with their baby brother) picked up our international traveler from the airport, checked in to a nearby Marriott, and stayed up late into the night hearing about his travels.

The mini, impromptu family reunion at the Renaissance Concourse Airport Hotel turned into Christmas in June because he came bearing gifts--architecture books, Japanese Pokemon cards, anime and manga collectibles, baseball hat, golf towel, and Japanese legos.

I was presented with a handmade Japanese cooking knife, engraved on one side with the name of the family-owned store, and on the other with NOVAJOSKY in Japanese characters.

As you can tell from the text I sent him yesterday, I love my gift.

Travel weary after a 16-hour flight.


2 comments:

Gigi said...

I love it when I find something that greatly improves the quality of life. I love it even more when it's a gift!

Beth (A Moms Life) said...

How nice that you were all able to get together! And it sounds like he brought wonderful gifts! What a good son!