Yesterday I was thinking about books--books I had read recently, books I have yet to read, and the handful of books that I read over and over. Then, I had just posted a message to my Book Club group about organizing a virtual April meeting via ZOOM when I happened to see that our local bookstore, The Book Tavern, announced a new service: Surprise Care Packages.
Here's how it worked: after filling out an online form with your care package tier (I picked Bookworm - $30 - which includes at least two books) and then answering a few questions about your likes, dislikes, and genre preference, someone from The Book Tavern calls you for payment and sets a time for the delivery of your personally selected books.
Within thirty minutes of submitting my form David called, and that same afternoon he delivered my Book Tavern Care Package.
If you've ever been to The Book Tavern, then you know who David is, and to see him walk up my driveway with my books was fun! And he very graciously allowed me to take a photo of him but ALAS! my phone's camera was on a weird setting and the photo didn't come out. Darn.
Anyway, I had four books in my care package, none of which I've read, and all seem perfect.
Thanks Book Tavern for bringing books to us; after all, the world belongs to those who read, even when we cannot go out into it during this time of social distancing and sheltering in place.
Anyway, I had four books in my care package, none of which I've read, and all seem perfect.
Thanks Book Tavern for bringing books to us; after all, the world belongs to those who read, even when we cannot go out into it during this time of social distancing and sheltering in place.
No comments:
Post a Comment