That is the question I've been trying to answer during this period of self-isolation and self-distancing. This year it will be different, but since it will be one I'm sure we will always remember, I also wanted to find ways to make it extra special for our family. For example, I thought that in addition to celebrating Mass online with our local parish, we could also:
-go for a hike in the woods and collect twigs and branches to make a cross
-watch the 11 a.m. Palm Sunday service from Rome
-watch an inspirational movie (The Passion of the Christ, Jesus of Nazareth, The Robe)
Then I remembered how one year we made "Palm" trees--outlines of our hands which we then turned into a palm tree. And although the boys are older I think we'll do it again, but this time we can include favorite scripture passages, quotes from the saints, or prayer requests on the palms.
We may even make one for the Nonni, with all our names written on the hands, and then tape it to their front door so they will see it Palm Sunday morning. But don't tell them; it will be a surprise.
Anyway, just some ideas ...
"God loves each of us as if there were only one of us."
- St. Augustine

No comments:
Post a Comment