Friday, June 19, 2020

Friday Favorites (vol. 1)

~1~ Supporting Local Business

The pandemic has been detrimental to the catering industry, and this is especially true in our area with the cancellation of the Masters Golf Tournament. But Jennifer Shuford of Tastefully Yours Catering has opened a pop-up shop where you can purchase ready-to-go meal kits, casseroles, summer salads, and desserts. A few years ago Jennifer catered our parents' 50th wedding anniversary and the food was amazing. She also traveled with us to Italy this past September. 

Yesterday Joe and I stopped by Jennifer's pop-up shop and purchased two tomato pies and two individual peach cobblers.

I know what we're having for lunch today. 



~2~ Art that Conveys what I Feel

I've mentioned before artist Martina Heiduczek from Martina Illustrates who has been sharing some beautiful images during this worldwide pandemic. This one in particular speaks to me. Being stuck at home makes me feel as if the tides of circumstance and the rhythm of routine have taken over, which makes me really, really miss being able to travel. 



~3~ Purse Organizers

I love a good tote. I love the space, look, feel, and versatility. But I also want the contents of the tote to be organized, which can be hard to accomplish with a tote where everything is thrown in willy-nilly. Which is why I like inserts. I have two: a beige one which coordinates with many of my totes, and the red one is for my Louis Vuitton Nerverfull tote. I purchased both on Amazon



~4~ Costco Finds

Both these are delicious but I warn you: don't eat them straight out of the bag. Because you won't stop. Portion control will go out the window. 




~5~ Beach Shoes

Who doesn't love a comfortable, casual beach slide? Who doesn't like a fun fipflop? Found these at Target. Both are comfortable, stylish, waterproof, and can be worn with with a bathing suit or a maxi dress. Perfect for the beach. 




1 comment:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

I fear you are right about the chocolate. Perhaps, I'll just have to skip them. . .!! Have a wonderful weekend!