Monday, August 23, 2021

Life Lately: Granted Wishes, Kitchen Art, Talking about Books, A Stupid Funny Conversation, a Talking Bear, All Grown Up

-1- Fingers Crossed

Last night as I was cleaning up the kitchen Timothy asked, "Do you need any help?"

He was standing behind me, and when I turned around I saw his eyes were closed, he was holding his breath, and his fingers were crossed.

Uh-huh. He was graciously offering to help but fervently hoping I'd say no.

And so I did. 

Because he made me laugh. 



-2- Focaccia Art is a Thing. 

I clearly need to up my game.




-3- Book Lovers' Book Club 

Three years of books, friends, wine, animated discussion. Is there anything better? The very first book we discussed (which we all loved) was Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman.

August book selection

September book selection

-4- Stupid Funny

This is a perfect example of a conversation my sister and I could have (minus the curse word) when it is past our bedtime and we are stupidly sleep deprived to the point where everything is funny.


-5- The Bear Talks

"Take me home," whispered the Bear. "Timothy likes me."

And so we did.  

The Bear lasted three days. 



-6- Bookends

To provide clarity that little boys with active imaginations do, in fact, grow up ... here are senior photos of the same little boy featured in No. 1 above. Little boys who grow to be big boys clean up nicely. 

1 comment:

Gigi said...

I also adored Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine and am currently eyeballing The Midnight Library. And that text exchange was hilarious. And yes, those little boys do grow to be big boys very, very quickly.