Tuesday, August 3, 2021

The Bad Word (You Know the One)

Texts from Folly Beach where Timothy (and all the groomsmen) were invited to participate in Nicholas' bachelor weekend:  

Timothy: "Having a great time with everyone. Had like a four hour talk with XXX about life. He is so funny."

Me: Knowing the young man in question, I texted back an eye roll emoji ;-)

Texts from Folly Beach that mention a bad word:

Me: Are you relaxing? No Publix, no mom or dad, and I won't even mention the bad word. You know the one. Starts with the letter 'S' and rhymes with pool. 

Timothy: No comment. 

Conversation about Folly Beach Bachelor Weekend after they returned:

Timothy, between yawns: "I wish every day was a Bachelor Weekend day. It was so fun. No rules about bedtime or meals. I had goldfish and lemonade for lunch."

Me: "Hmmm."

Conversation about Beowulf (summer reading):

"So, what did you think about Beowulf?" I asked, expecting a litany of complaints.

"I actually liked it," Timothy said. "It's interesting and kind of gives off Harry Potter vibes."


And there you have it. A summer of Publix shifts, beach trips, a bachelor weekend, and Beowulf. I think he's ready for you-know-what. Your know, the first letter is 'S' and rhymes with pool. 



No comments: