Every morning I wake up with ideas: to do this, make that, write a poem, finish the project. For me, creativity blossoms in the early morning light, which often propels me out of bed so I can make good on some of those ideas.
It's a good way to start the day, and this morning was no different. But this time, instead of taking the ideas and running with them, I held them gently while I was suffused with an overwhelming sense gratitude for these intangible gifts that God gives us: the ideas, thoughts, feelings, wishes, and dreams.
What precious gifts they are.
thoughts
sometimes i have a thought
plucked out of the air
thin and wispy
which poof! disappears
where does it go,
this thought that was but no longer is?
sometimes i have a thought
a cloud-like puff which drifts
to my hands, my legs, my heart,
the words I speak –
propelling me to
create, help, console, dream.
sometimes a cloud thought
is dark, thunder-like
sunless
sunless
raining seeds of paralysis –
self-doubt, insecurity,
unworthiness, fear.
today i had a thought
i need a thought-weatherman
to herald clouds –
the wispy, puffy, or thunderous
because sometimes
I cannot tell them apart.
*from the files of very bad poetry by bia

No comments:
Post a Comment