Hello! I am here to provide a public service announcement: Today is World Nutella Day.
I am also here to tell you that Nutella solves a lot of problems. Once, after
a particular trying day dealing with a toddler and his two brothers, I closed
myself in the pantry with a jar of Nutella and a spoon. A few minutes later, I
emerged a new person.
I mean, a spoonful of Nutella will have you wondering, “Whoa.
Where did all my problems go?”
Okay. A slight exaggeration. But I am allowed to indulge in
hyperbole because today is also my birthday which we are NOT celebrating until
later this month when we fly to Las Vegas where, I am told, I can pick out my
birthday present.
What do I want? Tickets to see Adele in concert.
What am I not getting? Tickets to see Adele in concert.
Not only are all her concerts sold out, but any available
tickets are astronomically expensive. The most expensive ticket I ever
purchased was to see Hamilton at the Kennedy Center in Washington DC. Just
prior to purchasing those tickets I came across this Google image.

To put things in perspective, I would have to sell more than
one body part to go see Adele.
Again with the hyperbole!
So no to Adele, but yes to a Cirque du Soleil show.
And because life is a circus, I looked up famous events that
happened on this day in history. This is what I found: on 5 February AD 62, an
earthquake struck the towns of Pompeii and Herculaneum. Historians believe this
was the precursor to the eruption of Mount Vesuvius which destroyed both towns a few years later.
I am all shook up. (See what I did there? Las Vegas … Elvis …
)
Yikes. Reminds me that in 2017 there was a Hurricane Maria.
But that happened in September, so not birthday related at all.

For someone who is one year older and wiser (is wisdom a
given, or only for some?) this post is a little all over the place (you think?) with body organs for sale and earthquakes and hurricanes.
But HELLO?
Nutella.
Back to where I started, which is a good way to end.


No comments:
Post a Comment