Monday, June 5, 2023

What ... in 7 "beary" quick takes

 1-What I'm (simultaneously) reading ...


-The Language of Flowers (for book club)

-Big Little Lies (audio book)



2-What I'm watching ...

-The Tudors (I learned more British history from this one show, compliments of King Henry VIII)

- A Small Light (very well-made series)

-Wild Mountain Thyme (yet again, that’s how charming it is)



3-What I'm eating ...

-cottage cheese (all my life I have hated it, and now I don’t)

-homemade sourdough bread

-bruschetta w. fresh basil, ripe tomatoes, and my homemade sourdough bread



4-What I'm looking forward to ...

-two family vacations in Tennessee (different parts of the state)

-hiking in the Smoky Mountains National Park

-giving a Book Talk at the end of the month

-a couples wedding shower for Jonathan and Caroline

-a girls’ weekend in Hilton Head


5-What I’m proud of …

-someone who made Presidential Scholar for keeping a 4.0 his freshman year

-someone who just bought his first house in Little Rock

-someone who will be getting married in five months

-one daughter-in-law and one soon-to-be daughter-in-law (FINALLY girls in the family!)


6-What I am hoping for …

 -a bear sighting in Tennessee (I have always wanted to see a bear in the wilderness!) (from a distance, of course)


7-What makes me smile

-my bear poop story from Blowing Rock, North Carolina:

Something I never thought I'd google: "What does bear poop look like?"

Something I never thought I’d do: Take a photo of bear poop.

Something I never thought I’d call and ask my dad: “Dad, what does bear poop look like?”

Both Google and my Dad confirmed that it was in fact bear poop.



No comments: