Thursday, July 20, 2023

The Convergence

Today, a tennis tournament, a bachelor weekend in Hilton Head, and a cruise converged in the most spectacular and unexpected way.

And where did they converge?

It happened very cleverly ...

1- My sister, whose team is playing in a regional tennis tournament, stopped in Augusta before continuing her journey to Auburn. 

2- Jonathan, who is headed to his bachelor weekend in Hilton Head, stopped in Augusta to pick up Timothy before meeting ten other guys (including Nicholas) in a 2-bedroom beach condo. (Do NOT ask me where everyone will sleep. Sometimes a mom knows when NOT to get involved). 

3- Since all of them were going to be here, I invited my parents over as well so they can tell us about their cruise (they got back late last night) and say hello Laura, Jonathan, and Timothy.

Please note how everyone managed to get here right at noon. Lunchtime. 

Smart, they are. 

So I diced fruit, assembled Muffalettas, and put out a broccoli salad. I served cold drinks, and frothy coffee, and my parents shared chocolate from Mackinac Island. We laughed, talked, and exchanged news.

Then, POOF! They all left.

Convergence over.

And I cleaned up the kitchen.


No comments: