This morning I found this photo.
Jonathan was in grad school and called to say his suit was too small. With a job fair the following week, could I help? Now, I'm sure you're wondering: Why did he not get a suit over the summer? Exactly.
Is there anything we will not do for our children?
So I went to the mall to buy Jonathan a suit. The sales associate was most accommodating. Since no one else was in the store he allowed me to use the men's dressing room, so there I was, in the men's dressing room, trying on suits for my son. I didn't know his exact jacket
size (and neither did he) so I tried on jackets and used Mom Measurements as a
guide—let's see, when I stand next to Jono his shoulders are up there; when I
hug him my arms are this far apart, and when I wear one of his sweatshirts the
sleeves come down to here. Not exactly precise, but Mom Measurements work!
The next day I drove up to deliver three suits for Jonathan to try on. One fit
perfectly, and in celebration (or relief for a crisis averted) he then took me out to lunch.

No comments:
Post a Comment