On this Good Shepherd Sunday, I give you this photo of Shrek the sheep.
Poor Shrek. He was found after he had been hiding out in a
cave for six years. In all that time, without anyone there to shear his fleece,
it grew and grew. Most sheep have a fleece that weighs around ten pounds, but
Shrek’s fleece weighed almost sixty.
Poor Shrek carried a monumental burden simply because he was
away from his shepherd. In less than half an hour a professional sheep shearer
removed his sixty pounds of fleece.
All that time burdened and alone, and all Shrek had to do was come home to his shepherd.

“Come
to me, all you who labor and have been burdened, and I will refresh you.
Take
my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart;
and you shall find rest for your souls.”
(Mt 11:28-30)
No comments:
Post a Comment