Sunday, May 1, 2016

Buon Appetito, compliments of the Pontifical Swiss Guard

The Commander of the Pontifical Swiss Guard, Christoph Graf, provided the recipe for our entrée in today's pranzo with i Nonni. His recipe contribution, Veal Cutlets in Cream Sauce (The Vatican Cookbook, p 81), was a huge hit despite the fact I made a few changes -- I substituted the veal with thinly sliced chicken cutlets, and instead of the roasted vegetables I served it on a bed of wilted greens. The recipe is definitely a keeper. Here is the menu for our pranzo ...


Chicken Cutlets in a Wine and Cream Sauce
served on a bed of wilted greens

Italian Roasted Potatoes
with olive oil and herbs

Salad with Strawberries and Almonds
tossed with a light, Italian vinaigrette

Gelato
choice of:
straciatella or peanut butter chocolate swirl

Espresso

Lt. Col. Christoph Graf, vice commander of the Swiss Guard, reviews Swiss Guards in Dec. 2014.
Photo: CNS/Paul Haring

No comments: