Here is a sneak peek of the dress I purchased for New Year's Eve.
Can I just say how excited I am to be able to dress up? Especially since our plans on NYE usually include gathering around a fire pit to toast in the New Year, or lounging in our pj's while we watch a movie, or doing absolutely nothing and going to bed early.
But this year we will celebrate with champagne and party hats while sailing the western Caribbean en route to Mexico.
As you can imagine, I was excited when I found this dress. It drapes beautifully, it's the perfect length, and it's very flattering (provided I don't gain so much as one single pound over Christmas). But there is one teensy, weensy problem: the dress has a Kardashian-like side slit a mile long and I am not a Kardashian. I need to be able to walk, sit, and move without worrying about flashing anyone. #modestyisalive
I mean, I want to live it up this New Year's Eve, but I don't want to live it up that much.
So, today I am dusting off the sewing basket and rummaging for needle and thread to reduce a mile-long slit to 3/4 of a mile.
Or somewhere thereabouts.
1 comment:
It's beautiful! We recently attended a wedding and I adore the dress I wore so much, I'm trying to find a reason to wear it again. But it won't be New Year's Eve - because I know I'll be asleep before 10 pm rolls around.
Post a Comment