So school happened this week and you know how it triggers mixed emotions -- you hate for summer to end, but you also look forward to some semblance of a routine. And because we are all over the place here you go, a hodgepodge post for a hodgepodge week ...
~1~ Still reading
I'm on page 536 of Chernow's book, Hamilton. Let me just say that this isn't light reading. The words are many (and tiny) and the details are exacting (and excrutiating). The first part of the book was fascinating, the middle was slow because it was all about Hamilton's financial and central banking plans (yawn), but it's starting to pick up again because of the Reynolds Pamphlet. (If you don't know what that is, Google it. Dirty politics with a capital D and P. You can file it under Smart Men Who Do Stupid Things.)
~2~ Just in case your morning espresso needs an extra kick (grazie Benedetta!) ...
~3~ If you read yesterday's post, then you know my bambino started high school. How can this be when THIS just happened yesterday?
~4~ Timothy told me he had analytical geometry first period.Immediately I thought, "What an AWFUL way to start the day." But I didn't tell him that. Instead, I showed him this ...
~5~ I also showed him this, but he didn't get it.


5 comments:
LOL; he may not have gotten the selfie one; but I did!
And yes, analytical geometry IS an awful way to start the day.
I think if I was trying to read that book I would need a big ole shot of whiskey in my coffee!!! And the selfie pic has me LOLing!
Left me smiling! I can empathize with Timothy. I had geometry 1st period in high school! It wa a nightmare! At leat for me! Wishing you well!
Gigi ... math ANY time of day would be horrid for me.
Beth ... I might need ... something ... to finish that book.
Cathy ... math ... ick ... just writing that word TWICE in this comment gives me the shivers.
Have a great weekend all!
Math at ANY time...ick! I am still bitter at the whole "you will need this algebra as an adult" line! No, I haven't.
English and grammar is useful as an adult. Math not so much!
Post a Comment