Once upon a time I was a high school English teacher. What many of you may not know is that I was also a foreign language teacher. I taught Spanish I-IV. My two favorite classes to teach were British Literature and Spanish IV.
So earlier this week when Timothy--who is FINALLY taking a foreign language class every day as opposed to one quarter a year--sent me the following text, I jumped at the chance.
Pikachu dice hola.
To practice, last night we made baked empanadas for dinner. It was fun cooking together and they turned out GREAT. We stored the extra filling, and early this morning we got up early to cook the rest of the empanadas for his class project. And just like that, Friday turned into Fri-yay!
What's Sofrito?
Ready to go into the oven.
Test Kitchen Success
Baked empanadas
2 comments:
Those look great!!!! I bet your kitchen smelled wonderful this morning! My son has some good friends in middle school and their parents are from Mexico. He would always get excited when their mom made empanadas for their lunches because they always shared with him.
What? No recipe?! ;-)
Not quite sure what an empanada is (I'm guessing a meat filled pastry?) they look really good!
Post a Comment