Evidently, this is some good stuff (perfect for two fingers over two ice cubes) and it was a TRAVESTY to use it for cooking.
Yikes. Who knew? (We drink wine over here and that bottle of Kentucky's fine bourbon whiskey was left by our Masters guests.)
But, I only used a 1/4 cup and let me tell you it made some mighty fine barbecue sauce. Thank you Alex of The Defined Dish for such a great recipe! It fact, it was so great that despite the Facebook tongue lashing I received I will link the recipe and include some of the substitutions I made.
But you'll have to use your own whiskey. I'm not sharing mine ;-)
photo via
My substitutions:
- I used boneless chicken thighs and grilled them on low heat
- instead of chipotle peppers, I used 1/4 tsp cayenne and 1/4 tsp paprika
- for the coconut sugar, I used 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- instead of 1/4 cup Texas Whiskey, I used Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey ;-)


1 comment:
I say use it for whatever you want! And a blessing on your Master's guests for such a treat! I'm sure the chicken was fortunate to have such a upper crust sauce; I bet it was delicious! Mmmmm. Now I want barbeque'd chicken...
Post a Comment