When the boys started driving, I gave each of them a medal of St. Christopher (the patron saint of travelers) to keep in their car. This was something I learned from my Nonna--who touched the St. Christopher medal on her dashboard and said a quick prayer before driving anywhere--and as a mom it was comforting to share this faith tradition with our sons now that they were venturing off on their own.
So last week our son was involved in an accident, and he wasn't injured. When we went to the tow yard to look at his car and collect his belongings, we couldn't find the St. Christopher medal. Timothy and I climbed all over that car, looking under seats and shining a flashlight into crevices, but no St. Christopher. I was a little disappointed, and yet I knew without a doubt that Jonathan had been under St. Christopher's protection during the accident.
Then, this weekend a good friend pointed out something that I hadn't even realized: Jonathan's accident occurred on July 25 ... the Feast Day of St. Christopher.
Amen.

1 comment:
I love a good saint story! So glad your son was under St. Christopher's protection!
Post a Comment