Thursday, October 24, 2019

A gondolier, a baseball player, and Mrs. Clinton walked into a bar ...

Actually.

They walked into my house.

Last night I hosted Halloween Bunco and Timothy, who was home and therefore pressed into taking our group photo, commented afterwards that we know how to have fun. (He also might have used the word "crazy" but he meant crazy-fun.) (At least, I'm pretty sure that's what he meant.)

But it HAS been crazy-fun with these gals. We've gathered together once a month now for almost 17 years (I know this because, as the youngest of our children, Timothy is our "Bunco Baby"). We've laughed, cried, and celebrated one another. We've watched our children graduate high school, then college. There have been weddings and births. Half of the group came with me to Italy earlier this month, and the other half cheered us on. We're all different, with unique talents, but we have the common bond of friendship.

Anyway, a gondolier, a baseball player, and Mrs. Clinton walked into my house. Along with several witches, Robin (Batman's sidekick), and a girl from dia de los muertos with the most expertly applied Halloween makeup.

And what was I dressed up as? I wore a formal dress with "I'm sorry" written on a name tag. A formal apology ... get it?

See? Crazy fun.


2 comments:

Gigi said...

Sounds like a fun night. And judging by the smiles on your faces; it was!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Looks like you did have fun!!! Will be leaving for Ireland on 10/31 so Happy Haunting to you!