Yesterday I went golfing with Joe.
Wait. Allow me to clarify: yesterday I drove a golf cart while Joe golfed.
It was actually my idea. My plan was to play caddie, drive the golf cart, and take photos of the fall foliage around the golf course.
But the weather did not cooperate.
It was foggy, very damp, and the fogginess and dampness did a number on my hair--FRIZZY out to there (even Joe commented on the state of my hair). It was also chilly (I drove the golf cart wrapped in a blanket) and everything was gray--the sky, clouds, fog, and even my sweater and blanket. No colors, just drabness, so no pretty photos.
But I rallied and did my best to be a good caddie for Joe. I was very helpful. In my opinion, golf is too complicated and involves too much math and too many clubs. Really, one should only need three clubs: a driver, putter, and 7-iron. That's all I use when I play which, strangely enough, works for me. So in my role as caddie, whenever Joe wasn't driving or putting I helpfully advised him to use a 7-iron.
I was also ready to look for balls, but Joe is a pretty good player and all his balls landed on the fairway. Well, except one which landed in the lake. I couldn't help him with that one.
Finally, since I was the official scorekeeper, I dutifully recorded pars, bogeys, and birdies. But I also used the little squares on the scorecard to draw smiley faces and hearts.
After 18 holes, Joe's golf card was pretty.

No comments:
Post a Comment