Thursday, February 27, 2020

Texts from Texas

My husband has to travel for work, usually to Kansas City (MO), Oakland (CA), or Albuquerque (NM). This week, however, he's in Amarillo (TX) and we've been enjoying his texts ...

"Landed in Dallas and waiting for my flight to Amarillo. It's a good thing I wore my corduroy blazer and jeans. I totally fit in. Except I need a big belt buckle."

"Dallas Airport ... for bored people. Show Timothy. A gaming center." (To which Timothy texted back: "I love Dallas.")



"Landed in Amarillo. My rental car is a pickup truck."

"Lunch at Tyler's Barbeque. I'm eating big today since tomorrow is Ash Wednesday."


"They don't mess around in Texas."


1 comment:

Gigi said...

I had to laugh because as a Texan it's all true!! If he really wants to fit in he needs to add cowboy boots, the giant belt buckle and, top it all off with a cowboy hat.