Thursday, November 5, 2020

Tootsie Roll Math

This year for Halloween I was very, very clever. I purchased ONE BAG of candy, divided the candy into individual treat bags, and then placed everything in a basket on our front porch for any trick-or-treaters. We then headed to Saturday night Mass. 

When we returned home, all the candy was gone. Hooray! No more candy meant no Tootsie Roll binging for me. Later that night, though, I commented on how this was the first Halloween when we were not digging through a huge pile of candy. "A Halloween with no Tootsie rolls ... that's just sad," I lamented.

The next night Timothy returned home from a shift at Publix.

"Look what I have!" he announced. "All the candy was marked half off." And he then handed me a 3.5 pound bag of candy with an assortment of Tootsie rolls (the fat, skinny, bite-sized, and flavored), Tootsie Pops, and boxes of Dots (which I also love). 

Timothy may have been dressed in the Publix signature green golf shirt and apron, but he was my Knight in Shining Armor. 

Now, note the photo below. The three poung bag is down to half a pound. 

Did I eat all that candy? 

Don't be silly. Of course not. There are TWO other people living here, you know. 

But I will say this: According to Google, it takes a 1/4 mile run, or 550 steps, to burn off one small Tootsie Roll. 

So excuse me while I go find a calculator. I have some serious math calculations to make ...


No comments: