1- During lunch I had a sports discussion with Joe, and I am pretty sure I won. It started when he commented that the NFL season is almost over, to which I responded, "Ha!" I was a smidge sarcastic. But really, I know better. No sports season EVER comes to a complete end because there are preseason, postseason, scrimmage, exhibition, and mid-season games. Each season bleeds into the next. Am I right or am I right?
2- And to prove my point, we just watched a commercial for USFL which starts in April. Ha! I DEFINITELY won that argument.
3- Speaking of sports, I am going to Las Vegas next month and the last time I went (a girls' trip to celebrate my sister-in-law's birthday) we met Pete Rose. Of course, I did not know who Pete Rose was at the time, but I did afterwards. I also met Nicolas Cage, but he was fake. I always wished it had been the other way around: a real Nicolas Cage and a fake Pete Rose.

4- The Nonni were over for lunch today. My Dad likes to tell tall tales, and today he told a doozy. I would tell you, but I do not even know where to begin. I can say it started with an uncle who liked to eat frog legs, and it went from there.
5- On audible I am listening to the first Harry Potter book in Italian. It is interesting to see how character names are changed in different translations of the books. In France, for example, they decided to translate all the characters names into French, in Spain they left all the names in English, while in Italy the translators used a mix of Italian and English names.
The biggest surprise for me in the Italian version? Albus Dumbledore is changed to Albus Silente.

6- I know I am late to this party, but I am hooked on Masterpiece Theater's All Creatures Great and Small after having binged the first two seasons last week. Udderly charming! (See what I did there?)

7- And just as I end this post there is a brouhaha on the football field. Players behaving badly. Tsk. Tsk. So I leave you with these fighting images ...



No comments:
Post a Comment