Once Upon a Time I drove Timothy and a friend to the movie theater. Since it was the first time we allowed Timothy go to the movies alone, I walked them inside to make sure there were no problems with the tickets (which I had ordered earlier in the week) and to ... well ... watch them enter the theater.
We walked up to the lady who was scanning the tickets, and when she seemed
puzzled that there were three of us standing there but only two tickets, I
quickly explained what I was doing.
"Which one is your son?" she asked.
I pointed to Timothy.
"Do you know what a good mom you have?" she said to him.
"Your mom makes sure to know where you are, she knows your friends,
she walks you inside to make sure there are no problems. What do you say?"
Poor Timothy looked like a deer in headlights.
"Thank you?" he sputtered.
"That will work," said the woman. "But you really need to say thank
you GOD. You are a blessed to have a mom who takes care of you."
Well. How about that? I love people.
I walked out to my car grinning like an idiot because
sometimes …
sometimes it really does take a village.

No comments:
Post a Comment