Monday, December 4, 2017

Christmas Decorating for $0.00

This year Christmas is all about grabbing my clippers and foraging -- in the woods behind our house, in my parents' back yard, at a secret location in town. Easy, beautiful, and free.


front door wreath

1 flat basket 
an assortment of fresh greenery 
1 large bow






antique lantern

1 antique lantern
an assortment of fresh greenery
1 large bow






bird bath

1 leaky bird bath
1 antique lantern
an assortment of greenery
a ceramic cardinal
1 large bow




I really have to thank my friend Mary Louise for introducing me to the concept of foraging. While I often walk outside to clip a flower, foraging has taught me to fully appreciate Nature's bounty and all that she offers. My favorite part of foraging is exploring -- just being outside, imagining the possibilities, and enjoying the crisp, cool temperatures.





1 comment:

Gigi said...

Oh! You have just inspired me! There are some perfect specimens for foraging in my own yard. Now I'm glad I've procrastinated with the decorating.