Monday, February 5, 2018

It's my birthday and I'll eat Nutella if I want to

On my birthday, all the crazy, zany things of my life. I'm an open book.


~The stars aligned when my birthday was declared World Nutella Day.




~Whenever we play miniature golf as a family, I always win. I'm surrounded by all these guys, all these GOLFING, SPORTY guys, and I win. Makes them most annoyed.






~I laugh maniacally. My brother and sister refer to it as Bia's annoying laugh.


~On a mission trip to Haiti, I was the only one in my group who did NOT succumb to intestinal issues. I was Super Missionary with Intestines of Steel.






~Joe and I were once selected out of the audience to participate in a hobby horse race at a Dolly Parton Show. We won, and we have the medals to prove it.


~At a Beatles tribute concert "Paul McCartney" threw me his guitar pick.


~When I was on a girls' trip to Las Vegas, we met Pete Rose. I didn't know who he was at the time, but I did afterwards. I also met Nicolas Cage, but he was fake. I always wished it had been the other way around -- a real Nicolas Cage and a fake Pete Rose.






~While studying abroad in Spain, we visited a matador training facility (a capea) where I faced down a bull. Well, it was a baby bull. Actually ... it might have been a cow.






~I taught my son's kindergarten class how to dance the Tarantella and introduced them to Nutella.


~My college professor at UGA liked my term paper on Jane Eyre so much that she made me read it aloud to the class.


~My favorite book is Jane Eyre.


~I like art museums. My guys? Not so much. But on Mother's Day and my birthday ... they come around.






~I was once served with a subpoena to appear in court and testify against a drunk driver who hit me head-on and then threw beer bottles into the lake before the police arrived. (And this: while he was destroying evidence I was kneeling in the road next to his dying 7-year old son who had been thrown from the car.) (And yes, the guy was sent to prison. This was his third DUI offense.)


~When I was in the second grade I was chased by a GIANT Irish setter who knocked me to the ground and ate my First Communion prayer book. I have been afraid of dogs ever since.


~I was four months pregnant with Nicholas when I climbed Giotto's bell tower in Florence. Temperatures were in the triple digits and nobody else wanted to do it, but this pregnant lady shamed them into it.


~Last night I texted my sister for help with this post, and she was most helpful.






~So, based on her helpful response ...When I enrolled at UGA I decided to leave my car at home since I was living on campus. My sister totaled it my first week of classes. Let me repeat that: she TOTALED my car. Thanks, Ua!


~Finally, I leave phone messages like I'm dictating a text (not on purpose, either): Hi dear sister EXCLAMATION POINT You still owe me a car PERIOD Like, a real car PERIOD But I'll settle for lunch PERIOD Do you want to meet in Aiken this week QUESTION MARK Love you DOT DOT DOT



2 comments:

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

Happy Birthday! And what a great list! Although, how sad for the 7-yera-old boy and how traumatic that must have been for you.

Gigi said...

Happy birthday! My what an adventurous life you've had! My heart breaks for that little boy and his mother.