Find your doppelgänger through a selfie
Do you look more like the Mona Lisa, or Cruella de Vil? There's one way to find out ...
Open the Arts & Culture App (free download) and scroll down until you come to "Search with your selfie". Click on the link, take a selfie, and let the app match your selfie with a museum potrait. It's great fun, especially if you take photos when you are not at your best. Here's me, matched to Honest Abe.
It's all in the rose
This week the 8th grade basketball players and their parents were honored. Joe and I did the math: we have been part of our parish school for 19 consecutive years. That's as long as we've lived in our house. That's almost as long as we've been married. Nineteen years. Whoa. And it all comes to an end when Timothy graduates in May.
Sometimes you need a little sparkle
Water is good, but sometimes a little sparkle and a tiny hint of flavor is just the thing. La Croix Sparkling Water -- zero calories, sweeteners or sodium, but très bon!
Empty Spaces
When the older boys are home there is always music in the air -- Jonathan usually plays on his keyboard, and Nicholas on the upright piano in the dining room. Yesterday I was cleaning our rec room and realized how sad this space looks without Jonathan's piano papers and keyboard. And then I remembered how Nicholas, when he was home over Christmas, sat down at the piano and started playing City of Love from La La Land. I was cooking in the kitchen and stopped right there as my heart melted into a puddle on the floor.
Super Bowl -- pretending to know what I'm talking about
I know you probably won't believe this, but I am excited about the Super Bowl, mainly for Jonathan who has been an Eagles fan since the beginning of time. Also, I'm glad I don't have to share my birthday with the Super Bowl which is what happened last year when I got showered with attention right up until game time after which ... nothing.
But this Sunday I will fix Super Bowl food, pull out our football-shaped plates, and get ready to take secret mom photos of the guys going bonkers.
And to show you what a great sport I am, I just ran up to Jonathan's room to retrieve his football helmets with the intention of setting out a helmet for each team. But I tell you, it's a good thing I first checked with Joe because I originally came down with a Patriots helmet and a Seahawks helmet.
Seahawk, eagle ... they looked the same to me.





1 comment:
My kids are only 13 and 15 and just yesterday I was thinking how sad and big this house is going to feel when they leave. Enjoy the Super Bowl and Go Pats! ;)
Post a Comment