Saturday, October 6, 2018

7 Golfing Rules According to Me

I don't know what all the fuss is about having a "set" of clubs. I only use a 7-iron, a driver, and a putter. Three clubs total, and I get the job done.

My favorite club is the 7-iron, so when in doubt I'll use that. Unless I'm on the green (I'm not THAT dumb).

It's perfectly okay to putt from the fairway if you are within 10 feet of the green. Really. You should try it sometimes.

If I tee up my ball, swing, and then miss ... it doesn't count as a stroke. It was a practice swing. Really. I meant to do that. That's why it's called a practice swing.

Use a bright ball ... the brighter, the better. My personal favorite is Barbie doll pink golf ball because a/ you can follow it's trajectory b/ it stands out everywhere c/ there's no discussion on whose ball it is.

Do whatever it takes to avoid a sand trap. Aim far left, or far right, or way short. It's not called a sand TRAP for nothing, and once a golf ball is embedded in it's sandy clutches it is doomed for all eternity.

Celebrate your score ... six holes at the First Tee and I made THREE bogeys. Wahoo! (Of course, we'll just ignore that 11 on the third hole.) (Eh-hem. Sand trap.)



No comments: