Monday, October 22, 2018

What does Nonno want for his birthday? Ask Nonna.

Today is my dad's birthday, and in honor of the occasion I am sharing the following conversation from a few years ago. Try to follow along and not get dizzy.

Me: Dad, what do you want  for your birthday?

Dad: I don't know. I really don't need anything.

Mom: I know what he wants. He wants a wind chime.

Dad: I want I wind chime?

Mom: Yes, don't you remember when we went to our friends' house and they had a wind chime? It sounded so beautiful.

Dad turns and looks at me.

Dad: I guess I want a wind chime.

I look at him. I look at my Mom. And I keep my mouth shut. Later that evening I get a phone call.

Dad: I've been thinking. I really would like a wind chime.

I guess Nonno is getting a wind chime. For his birthday. For Nonna. Or something.


"So where is Vesuvius from here?" my husband asked while 
dining somewhere on the Amalfi Coast, Italy.
THIS is the response we got :-)


1 comment:

Gigi said...

Aww, happy birthday to your dad!

As a side note, my husband ALWAYS tells me he doesn't want anything. One year, he got exactly what he asked for...a jar of nothing. He loved it.