1- Through the Looking Glass
Last weekend our lovely city hosted the annual Summerville Tour of Homes, and my friend's two hundred year old home was one of those on the tour! I volunteered to be a hostess for a shift on Sunday afternoon.
For three hours I played docent, sharing facts I hastily memorized from an information sheet given to me upon arrival. I'm good at memorizing, and I was wearing an official Summerville Tour Hostess badge, so for those three hours I pretended to know what I was talking about.
Seriously, it was a fun way to spend the afternoon. I met some lovely people, and the home (as always) was absolutely gorgeous.
It also made me realize I need a mirror ... not just any mirror, but a MIRROR. One worthy of fairy tales and castles. One which will transport you to another world if you step through it.
2- Street Art
Allow me to share the following photos depicting street art in Florence, Italy. Street art with CHALK. There is something sad in thinking someone's heartfelt artistic endeavor is fleeting, melting away into chalky rivers the first time it rains. There's a metaphor for life somewhere in there, and just like that I feel a very bad poem by Bia taking root.
3- Lunch
Earlier this week I made a huge pot of pasta e fagioli for dinner, and every day since then it's been my go-to lunch. Perfect meal in a bowl.




No comments:
Post a Comment