Sunday, December 15, 2019

Speak to Me Sunday: The Two-Word Commitment

Twenty-nine years ago Joe and I stood before God and said I Do.

And we've been saying I Do ever since ...

to good days, bad days, and in-between days;
to romance and candlelight
and the reality of bills and finances;
to parenthood and uncharted waters-- 
snuggling babies, wayward toddlers,
surly teens, and amazing young men;
to the magic of playing Santa Claus
and the nervousness of being a driving instructor;

to thoughtfulness, respect, I love you,
and I'm sorry and forgive me.

Every day we say I Do to all of it.

And last night, those two simple words were manifested in the laughter and love we felt as we sat around our kitchen table playing board games with our sons.





2 comments:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Heartiest Congratulations!!!! My very best wishes!!

Gigi said...

29 years is a milestone! Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!!