Last week I decided that I needed to call a family meeting via ZOOM.
I thought it would be fun for the entire family to gather online, as opposed to separate conversations via texts and phone calls. Additionally, with ZOOM we could see each other … you know, Proof of Life during this time of self-isolation.
So I sent an email to my brother, his wife, my sister, her husband, my sons, my nephews, and the Nonni. In the email I told them to download the ZOOM app, and then Sunday even at 6:30 they were to join the meeting by using the password I send.
See? They don’t call me Bossy Bia for nothing.
Last night I signed in at the appointed time and there was my brother! Then his wife and my adorable nieces and nephews! Before long my other nephew (and his dog) and my brother-in-law! Then my sister! And my other, other nephew (there are lots of nephews)! And Timothy! And Jonathan! (And Nicholas? Well, he meant to, but neither of us thought about the whole time zone thing. What can I say? Not perfect we are 😉.)
As we were greeting each other we laughed and wondered about the Nonni. Would they or wouldn’t they figure out how to join the ZOOM meeting? Truthfully, most of us were doubtful, but just in case I had my phone nearby ready to provide instructions.
So we laughed and joked while we waited (and waited) for the Nonni to join us. Or not.
All of a sudden, like a gopher popping his head out of the ground, Nonno’s head appeared on the screen! Then Nonna joined him. We collectively cheered.
So Nonno and Nonna … we, your doubting children, applaud you.
We didn’t think you could do it. But you did.
We stand corrected ...
but still amazed.

1 comment:
That's so great - my husband's family has had Zoom family meetings for the past two Sundays. They love it.
Post a Comment