Thursday, July 2, 2020

A Good Mail Day


You know it's going to be a good mail day when a large, padded GOLD envelope arrives in the mail with an order from Canadian-Italian artist, Jennifer Leo

I stumbled upon Jennifer's work on Instagram (via another account I follow, Girl in Florence) and immediately checked out her website and Etsy shop. I was especially intrigued with her Italy travel art. Such color! Such whimsy! And because nine months ago I was in Italy, and because I had given a lecture to our group on Brunelleschi's dome, I just had to buy a print of a city street in Florence with the Duomo in the background.

I couldn't be happier with my selection; the colors are even more vibrant in person. In addition to the print, inside the padded gold envelope was a black matboard, a postcard of my print, and a thank you note. 

It truly was a most excellent mail day. 




No comments: