Friday, July 3, 2020

Friday Favorites (vol. 3)

A weekly roundup of a few of my favorite things ...

-1- All Things Hamilton

Exactly two years ago I flew to Washington DC with my sister and two friends. Just before our trip we realized that Hamilton was playing at the Kennedy Center, and despite the steep prices we purchased tickets. No regrets whatsoever. When we entered the theater the usher said, "Welcome to the room where it happens." I got goosebumps. It was by far the best Broadway show I have ever seen (and I've seen many). 

Tonight, the stage production of Hamilton (with the original cast members) will air on Disney+. We don't have Disney+ right now, but we'll be subscribing very, very soon. One of my goals in life is for my husband and sons to see a live show; in the meantime, we'll be tuning in to Disney. 



-2- Chocolate Covered Temptation

Keep this stuff away from me. Oh, the trail mix is good, but it's the chocolate covered caramel bites that call my name. Relentlessly. When I go to Target (which is way more often than I'd like to admit) I have to stay away from the snack/trail mix/ peanut aisle.



-3-  Athleisure Dresses

These dresses made by Columbia feature their signature wicking fabric, advance cooling technology, and UPF 30 sun protection. They are comfortable, flattering, and wrinkle-free. I didn't buy one in every color ... but just about. 


-4- Road Trips in Rental Cars

We are headed to Little Rock to visit our eldest son. But here's the funny thing. We recently purchased a new car when our van (with 228,459 miles) finally breathed its last. Since we did not want to immediately put 650 miles on our brand new car, Joe decided to use his Avis points to rent a car. But here's is the funny thing: Avis gave him the same car we bought! Well almost ... they're the same color, but ours has a sun roof. And leather seats. We fancy ;-)

Below is a picture of our car (a Hyundai Santa Fe) which we we are NOT taking to Little Rock. But it looks like the rental car which we WILL be taking. It's confusing, I know. 


-5- Lone Flowers



No comments: