Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Bia-the-Brave Chickens Out

How fast they fall. And by "they" I mean me. 

Last night, flushed in a dual victory in which I won Bunco Bingo (first time EVER winning Bingo as I have been a loser in that game since fourth grade) AND I came in first place during Bunco. It was a duo win. A big night! 

But then I toppled from my pedestal.

When I got home and entered our back door (in the dark, mind you) a GIANT, JURASSIC-SIZED flying creature flew into my hair. I have never seen the like: three inches long, almost as thick, with lightning speed and a buzzing sound that rivaled a lawn mower.

You can imagine my panic. I dropped all my bags and, waving my arms, ran out of the laundry room and slammed the door. With my heart beating out of control, I could hear that THING, buzzing and banging against the walls.

Now, Bia-the-Bug-Killer I am not. I leave that job for Joe or Timothy. But one is in Kansas City and the other in Athens, so I would have to manage THE THING all by myself. I would have to be Bia-the-Brave.

Except I wasn't. When I slowly opened the door that thing flew straight at me. So I slammed the door shut again and stuffed towels underneath so that THING would be imprisoned in the laundry room. 

Where it has remained all night. 

So now, this morning, I have a dilemma. I am all dressed for a canal walk EXCEPT for my sneakers, which are in the laundry room. My winning prizes are in the laundry room, one of which I was going to have with breakfast. My purse and car keys are still in the laundry room and I have some errands to run later this morning.

I will have to do battle, I see that now. I will have to wage war and reconquer my laundry room. 

At some point. Maybe after I finish this post. And have a cappuccino. And check my email.

You know, maybe I will just skip the walk.

Bia-the-Brave ignoring the issue. That I can do. 




No comments: