Sunday, August 2, 2020

When I was Princess (a Once Upon a Time story)

Once upon a time we were sitting around the dinner table when I asked each of my boys (big and small) for one word that described me. I'm not sure why I did this, and in hindsight I see how this could have gone very badly, but I found their answers delightful. 

How my boys (big and small) described me ...

Joe: procrastinator
Nicholas: Italian
Jonathan: helpful
Timothy: a princess


Now, compared to Joe, the ENTIRE WORLD procrastinates, so I didn't take offense with his response, but for the record, I liked Timothy's answer best of all.

Then, a few weeks later we were driving to the beach when I had the following conversation with Timothy:

"Are you a princess?" he asked me.

"Well, actually I am a queen and Daddy is the king," I replied.

"A queen?!" he was indignant. "That's too old. Nope, you're a princess."

And there you have it. A princess. It may have been Once Upon a Time long, LONG ago ... but still. Once a princess, always a princess.

That's how it works in fairy tales.





No comments: