Friday, August 28, 2020

Friday Favorites (vol. 8): a big race, a little humor, and a potential crime scene

1- World's Toughest Race: Eco-Challenge Fiji

Wow, this show on Amazon Prime had us hooked. Sixty-six teams from around the world come to Fiji for an epic adventure challenge hosted by Bear Grylls that pushes contestants to their physical and mental limits. Kayaking, mountain biking, mountain climbing, swimming, paddle boarding ... it's non-stop for 11 days. Other than a required 90-minute rest at checkpoints along the way, teams choose when (or if) to keep racing or when to stop and sleep. 

It's like Survivor, but without the political shenanigans. It's like The Amazing Race, but more intense. It's like both of them put together, but more life-threatening (concussions, infected wounds, hypothermia, and several medical evacuations). 

And the show is inspiring. Last Sunday Joe and I went on a 20-mile bike ride (two miles up from the week before), and because of the show I thought of pain, discomfort, and fatigue in a different light. I embraced the challenge of those 20 miles, and you know what? Those 20 miles felt like nothing. 


2- Covid Humor

There are so many Covid memes out there that, because they contain an element of truth, can be really really funny. This is one of my favorites ... take a look at that comment!



3- The Guest Bedroom

We are re-doing the older boys' room and turning it into more of a guest room. Because we already have two queen beds and 1 king bed in other bedrooms, we decided to keep twin beds in this room to give us more sleeping options when we have guests. BUT, I wanted to change out the twin beds we had for an XL length. I ordered these beds from (of all places) Home Depot! The photo below is from Dallas Lifestyle blogger Cassie at hi sugarplum! She gave me the idea and it was spot on. The beds are truly lovely.  


4- Still Alive

Yesterday I felt like I was participating in a crime: two strangers, meeting in an empty parking lot, car trunks open, a package transfer, and an exchange of cash.

No worries ... nothing illegal happened! I was at the Georgia Welcome Center to meet a woman from North Carolina who drove all the way to Augusta to purchase a painting I had listed on Augusta Fine Furnishings. I brought Joe with me just in case I was meeting a serial killer! But all went well. 


5- Photo of the Week

Somewhere in Italy, September 2019


1 comment:

Gigi said...

That meme is hilarious! And I love those beds. I'm finally getting around to thinking about our guest room and this picture is very inspiring.