Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Finding Fall

This past weekend the temps went down to a new low -- 92 degrees! -- so I decided to take advantage of the cooler weather and decorate for fall.

(Note: That was sarcasm at its finest.)

Anyway, I was feeling more frost on the pumpkins than pumpkins on the vine, so I mostly ignored anything orange and went with a little yellow, and a lot of brown and white.

Oh, and a floating pumpkin.















one white pumpkin + an old bedspring coil = a floating pumpkin


Fall leaves fall
~Emily Bronte

Fall, leaves, fall; die, flowers, away;
Lengthen night and shorten day;
Every leaf speaks bliss to me
Fluttering from the autumn tree.

I shall smile when wreaths of snow
Blossom where the rose should grow;
I shall sing when night's decay
Ushers in a drearier day.

2 comments:

Gigi said...

Very nice and festive. Not feeling it yet here though.

Beth (A Moms Life) said...

Geez! And I thought mid 80s here was hot! I'm not feeling it either but I have slowly and begrudgingly been doing a little decorating. Like you, I'm not feeling too much orange this year. Your decorations look great!