Tuesday, October 23, 2018

When the Cat is Away, the Mouse Eats Nutella

This morning, as I was driving Timothy to school, I asked him if there was anything he needed at the grocery store since I was headed there later that morning.

"Nutella," he answered promptly. "We're completely out."

So I added it to the list.

Later, though, as I was reaching for a jar of Nutella on the top shelf of the grocery store, I experienced a strong sense of deja vu. Wait a minute. Didn't I just purchase a large jar of Nutella not ten days ago? Why yes, yes I did. So when I picked up Timothy later that day I put him through the Nutella Inquisition. Where did that jar of Nutella go? The jar that was Costco-sized ... all 2.2 lbs of it?

And he confessed.

It seems that while I was in Arkansas for five days Timothy considered Nutella to be an essential part of the Food Pyramid:

Nutella on toast. Breakfast!
Nutella on sliced bread. Lunch!
Nutella with Ritz crackers. Afternoon snack!
Nutella on a spoon. Bedtime snack!

I just looked at him and thought of 2.2 lbs. of Nutella gone just like that.

Sometimes, there are just no words ... you know?

2 comments:

Gigi said...

It's amazing how much they can put away at that age, isn't it?

Beth (A Moms Life) said...

It would be so nice to be able to eat that much Nutella and not look like I just ate 2 pounds of Nutella!